Back in September, we attended the FutureM and INBOUND Conferences in Boston. As you might expect at an event called “Future of Marketing,” we spent a lot of time talking about, well, the future of marketing.
We had a chance to interview some of the top thinkers driving innovation and transformation in the marketing world, and get their perspective on the Big Question: what IS the future of marketing?
WHO is Gini Dietrich and WHY should you care?
- Gini is a PR and Digital Marketing maven, agency CEO, blogger, author, speaker and educator.
- Her award-winning blog, Spin Sucks, is one of our favorite PR and Marketing resources on the web.
- Find her online at SpinSucks.com and @ginidietrich
Future of Marketing Takeaways:
- The future of marketing will be hyper-individualized, and it will be available at our fingertips, literally! Wearable technology, and the ground that it breaks from an individualized marketing vs. marketing to the masses perspective, will help pave the way.
- The U.S. is very far behind when it comes to QR codes. For a teaser of how marketers could be using QR codes for individualized marketing, take a trip to Europe and see how easy it is to check when the bus is coming.
- The “boiler room” philosophy of media relations and cold calls needs a rethink. New digital tools have allowed us to be more efficient, but they’re not always being used the smart way.
- Marketers will always find a way to “use and abuse” new technologies and channels. It’s what we do!
Agree? Disagree? Think we’re all nuts? Leave your thoughts below!
Keep in Touch
Want fresh perspective on communications trends & strategy? Sign up for the SHIFT/ahead newsletter.