2018 is here, and we’re digging into what look to be some of the biggest trends that will affect PR practitioners this year. In this installment, we’ll look at 2 major trends in search marketing:
- Advanced PR Practitioners Embrace AI Fully
- The most advanced PR practitioners will embrace AI technologies and incorporate them into day-to-day work in order to survive and succeed. Laggards will quickly reach obsolescence.
- Solution: Hop aboard the AI/SEO the train now. Focus on natural language processing.
- SEO and PR Merge In Some Firms
- The difference between SEO and PR continues to blur as more SEO practitioners realize the need for human storytelling, and more PR practitioners quantify their work in SEO terms. This trend will only accelerate as search engines become ever more intelligent.
- Solution: Consider more diverse hires to bring SEO capabilities to PR and vice versa.
Stay tuned as we look next at social media in this series!
Christopher S. Penn
Vice President, Marketing Technology
Keep in Touch
Want fresh perspective on communications trends & strategy? Sign up for the SHIFT/ahead newsletter.