2018 is here, and we’re digging into what look to be some of the biggest trends that will affect PR practitioners this year. In this installment, we’ll look at 2 major trends in owned media:
- PR Professionals Blindsided by Rich Media
- Media monitoring has traditionally been focused on digesting and interpreting text. As the dominant form of communication becomes rich – meaning audio and video – the PR profession is at serious risk of missing key trends if tools and vendors fail to adapt.
- Solution: Use the best monitoring tools combined with AI to digest rich media for you
- Content Avalanche Keeps Growing Bigger
- Content shock is about to exponentially explode. How will PR adapt to a world in which 10 times the content created today will be created in the near future?
- Solution: Create the best possible stuff – moderate doses of mediocrity simply get lost
Stay tuned as we look next at paid media in this series!
Christopher S. Penn
Vice President, Marketing Technology
Keep in Touch
Want fresh perspective on communications trends & strategy? Sign up for the SHIFT/ahead newsletter.