In 2019, the SHIFT Cares committee ramped up the organization’s philanthropic efforts, getting every member of our Boston office involved in some way or another. Here’s a recap of all the great work SHIFTers did this year in order to better their community:
- To start the year off, SHIFT hosted a drive in January to collect the number one item requested by homeless shelters – socks! Supporting Francis House, SHIFTers donated 204 PAIRS of socks.
- In March, SHIFTers volunteered at the Pine St. Inn, helping their kitchen team prepare for the evening’s meal.
- In May, SHIFT supported National Pet Month, collected items to donate to the Quincy Animal Shelter. SHIFTers in the Boston office really love our pets, so everyone rallied around this initiative and we were able to provide the shelter with a lot of goodies. Plus, it gave us an excuse to hang out pet’s photos in the kitchen.
- In June, SHIFT was proud to support Pride Month and collected donations for Fenway Health, a local organization on a mission to enhance the wellbeing of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, and all people in our neighborhoods and beyond, through access to the highest quality health care, education, research and advocacy. We had a goal of raising $500 and at the end of the month, we exceeded our goal – donating $600 to the organization.
- In September, a group of SHIFTers volunteered their time at Cradles to Crayons, an organizations on a mission to make life better for children in need. Cradles to Crayons does incredible work to help local children who come from low-income or poverty-stricken households, making sure they have access to essential items like clothing, shoes, books, toys and school supplies. SHIFTers worked in the organization’s Giving Factory, helping to quality-check, sort, and package donated items for distribution to kids in need.
- In November, SHIFT doubled up on efforts – hosting a canned food drive to support the Greater Boston Food Bank, as well as fundraising for Movember. Some of our male colleagues generously grew out their mustaches and helped SHIFT raise more than $6,800 towards the cause!
- And finally, to end the year off strong, SHIFTers once again partnered with the Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (MSPCC) and fulfilled the wish lists of 12 children! From cribs to strollers to books to bath toys, SHIFTers were able to help these children celebrate the holidays in a really great way.
SHIFTers are always looking for ways to make an impact and a different in our communities, and we’re proud of all the great efforts and activities that we did throughout 2019. We know that in 2020, we can only do better.
Keep in Touch
Want fresh perspective on communications trends & strategy? Sign up for the SHIFT/ahead newsletter.