The Life Sciences Hub
Boston has gained a reputation as one of the hottest, most dynamic life sciences marketplaces through its density of world class hospitals, research facilities, and biotech stalwarts such as Shire and Vertex. The Mayor of Boston, Marty Walsh, stressed this fact recently saying, “[Boston is] America’s startup city and lead in venture capital. We are home to many world-class hospital and research institutions and the talent that goes with them.” Further proof of Boston’s position as the center of life sciences in the United States arrives later this month when more than 4,500 scientists, executives, investors and technologists will gather at Boston’s Hynes Convention Center on September 25-28 to celebrate Biotech Week Boston.
Biotech Week Boston Events
The 4-day festival, which includes 16 leading events, will bring together the life sciences, technology and innovation industries that span the entire drug development value chain – discovery, financing, manufacturing, and clinical trials. The event will provide attendees access to the most inventive scientific minds and business leaders in Boston and around the world.
Some of the must-see sessions include:
- The Convergence Model of Cancer Research: Solving the Problems of Cancer through Interdisciplinary Approaches. Presented by Tyler Jacks, Ph.D., Director, Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Jacks will illustrate examples of progress against cancer through his own work as well as from collaborative efforts with other scientists and engineers.
- BioPharma Executive Council Panel: Increasing Gender Diversity in BioPharma: What Works?
- The emphasis will be on what everyone in our industry can do, whether at small, medium or large organizations, and at every level of their company to make a difference and deliver the benefits of gender diversity for corporate performance.
- Correspondents Panel: State of the Life Sciences 2018 and Views on the Landscape Ahead
- Alex de Winter, Managing Director, GE Ventures, moderates a panel of esteemed biotechnology reporters including, Alex Lash, National, Biotechnology Editor, Xconomy, Luke Timmerman, Founder and Editor, Timmerman Report, and Rebecca Robbins, Business Reporter, STAT News.
Biotech Week Boston is an unparalleled opportunity to meet and do businesses with those who are shaping the industry’s future, from researchers and investors, to CEOs and founders. Don’t miss out on an event that is dedicated to accelerating the business of biotechnology through new ideas, science, technology, and partnerships to make a positive impact on patient health.
Find out more about Biotech Week Boston by visiting https://biotechweekboston.com/. If you can’t attend but want to stay on top of the event’s revolutionary themes and ideas, follow the event on social media and search the official hashtag, #BiotechWeekBoston.
- Twitter: @BiotechWkBoston
- LinkedIn: BioProcessing Professionals
- Instagram: lifesciences
- Facebook: Biotech Week Boston
Disclosure: Biotech Week Boston is a SHIFT Communications client
Vice President, Healthcare Practice