Christopher S. Penn is an authority on digital marketing, marketing technology, artificial intelligence, and machine learning. A recognized thought leader, author, and speaker, he has shaped four key fields in the marketing industry: Google Analytics adoption, data-driven marketing and PR, email marketing, and AI in marketing. Known for his high-octane, here’s how to get it done approach, his expertise benefits companies such as Citrix Systems, McDonald’s, GoDaddy, McKesson, and many others. His latest work, Leading Innovation, teaches organizations how to implement and scale innovative practices to direct change.
Christopher is a highly-sought keynote speaker thanks to his energetic, informative talks. In 2015, he delivered insightful, innovative talks on all aspects of marketing and analytics at over 30 events to critical acclaim:
- Seriously, I think @cspenn is the smartest #socialmedia marketer I’ve ever met.
- Freaking love @cspenn this guy is beyond smart yet is engaging & can simplify it… Awesome stuff!
- @cspenn You have an uncanny knack for bringing relevance and sense of numbers at data. Loved your keynote and session at #SMMW15.
Others who recognize Christopher’s work include:
- Forbes Magazine and MediaPost recognized him as one of the top 50 most influential people in social media and digital marketing from 2012-2015.
- C-Suite Networks named him a Social Media Legend in 2015.
- PR Week named him one of the Innovation 50, the top 50 most innovative communicators in the world in 2015.
- PR News named him Social Media Person of the Year, Social Media Icon MVP, and Agency Professional of the Year in 2014.
He is a founding member of IBM’s Watson Analytics Predictioneers, co-founder of the groundbreaking PodCamp Conference, and co-host of the Marketing Over Coffee marketing podcast.
Christopher is a Google Analytics Certified Professional and a Google AdWords Certified Professional. He is the author of over two dozen marketing books including bestsellers such as Marketing White Belt: Basics for the Digital Marketer, Marketing Red Belt: Connecting With Your Creative Mind, and Marketing Blue Belt: From Data Zero to Marketing Hero. His new book, Leading Innovation, debuts in 2016.
Hidden Talent: I’ve been practicing the medieval Japanese martial art of ninjutsu for over 20 years, which involves fighting with Japanese katana longswords, nine-foot halberds, and other interesting tools.
Motto: Our stature is measured by the enemies we make. – Andrew Robinson