Are you a public relations, communications, or marketing professional? If so, you might find our various resources to be a helpful way of getting up to speed quickly. Here’s what we can offer you:
- SHIFT Happens: our weekly email newsletter. Get the top 3 stories from PR and marketing, as well as tutorials, videos, and ideas.
- SHIFT Blog: our daily blog, featuring ideas, commentary, and inspiration for the communicators and marketers of the world.
- Paid Media 101: As a PR pro, you’re only as good as your next hit. Make your outreach efforts more valuable and learn how to take your earned coverage to the next level with digital advertising.
- Marketing Insight Series, Vol. 5: Social Strategy Optimization: Nearly every major B2B and B2C industry has social media as a first touchpoint. Go beyond impressions and start quantifying your social ROI.
- Marketing Insight Series, Vol. 4: Commercial Drones Seek National Airspace: American entrepreneurs have been forced to watch this space explode from the sidelines. Finally, that’s beginning to change.
- The Modern Guide to Trade Show Marketing: Learn how to quantify your trade show efforts and boost your event marketing strategy.
- Reinventing Public Relations: Find out how data-driven innovation will define the future of the public relations industry.
- Should Brands Snapchat?: Is there a business case for Snapchat? Measuring the impact of Snapchat is exceptionally difficult without robust analytics, which Snapchat lacks. Does this mean Snapchat shouldn’t be included in your marketing strategy?
- Marketing Insight Series, Vol. 3: PR and Influencers: A Better Way: Influence is an incredibly nebulous term, and yet it plays a crucial role in the broader strategy of most PR programs. Our detailed framework separates a true influencing voice out from the noise.
- Marketing Insight Series, Vol. 2: Health Insurance Market Ripe for Disruption: How can established health insurers and emerging start-ups leverage disruptive innovation to cater to the consumer?
- Scaling Innovation: Why is innovation important? How do we build it into our marketing technology efforts? Find out in this eBook from SHIFT.
- Marketing Insights Series, Vol. 1.5: PR and the Google Customer Journey: SHIFT’s data-driven customer journey model combines general industry insights with your business data for a personalized, unique customer journey. Learn more in this whitepaper!
- Marketing Insight Series, Vol. 1: PR and the Google Customer Journey: In SHIFT’s first volume of the Marketing Insights Series, we share our Data-Driven Customer Journey model, with an emphasis on B2B companies.
- How to Measure the Value of Public Relations in the 21st Century: Learn the three ways that PR has attempted measurement in the past, how to set up a PR measurement funnel, and how tools like marketing automation and Google Analytics can be used to see the true value of public relations.
- Cultivating Influence: How to Find the Right Social Media Influencers: Influence is one of the most used, yet least understood ideas in social media marketing. What constitutes influence? Who has it, and who doesn’t?
- Google Analytics Basics for PR Professionals: Whether you’re in-house or work in an agency, this eBook will get you the knowledge you need to start measuring your PR efforts today.
- The Future of Marketing: 9 Expert Interviews on Where Marketing is Going: Get the latest on where the industry is headed and the insights and strategies needed to not only keep pace, but excel as well.
- The State of Social Media: See where social has been in 2014 and learn how your brand can stay on top (and in front) of the network changes in the months to come.
- Security: Out of the Server Room and into the Board Room: Learn how the evolving security landscape has impacted the communications industry along with expert tips to ensure you’re prepared for the inevitable.
- LinkedIn for Business & Brands: Take your brand’s LinkedIn presence to the next level.
- The ROI of Content Marketing: See how you can take your content marketing from inexact to high impact in this eBook.
- Stop Marketing Like the Borg: This eBook will teach you how to stop marketing like the Borg by developing a better understanding of your audience.
- From Data to Insights: Skills for the Future of Marketing: In this eBook, learn why your marketing sometimes isn’t marketing, what data you should be measuring and three key skills that will help you start to make sense of your data.
- Knowing Your Social Audience: Learn how to determine who is in your social audience.
- ABCs of Marketing Your Blog and Brand: This webinar will teach you to analyze and build your audience, then convert it into meaningful business results.
- Tap to Market: A free eBook for social good: how to market your startup on $0 from your mobile phone.
- How Social Media Broke PR (and how to fix it): Step by step walkthrough of an integrated campaign to help you build new audiences and grow your business.
- PAID EARNED OWNED SHARED: The Media Recipe for Audience Conversion: We look at the Earned Media Hub Strategy, earned media research techniques, and much more.
- Snackable PR: 15 Public Relations Ideas: An eBook looking at the world of PR and social media.
- The Social Media Press Release 2.0: A look at the modern SMPR/SMNR that leverages today’s newest technologies.
- Brink: A social media marketing eBook by CEO Todd Defren.
- Social Media News Room Template: Our original social media newsroom template.
Webinars and Events
Videos and Tutorials
3 Reasons B2B Companies Should Be On Google+
Use Webmaster Tools to Monitor Earned Media
4 Ways To Make Events More Trackable
How PR Impacts SEO
Marketing ROI in 6 Seconds (Vine)
Track PR Hits and Website Changes with Google Analytics
Effective rates in marketing and PR analytics
SWOT Analysis Basics
Top 3 Google Reader Must-Dos in 15 Seconds
The Content Feedback Loop
The SHIFT Click to Tweet Generator Tool – Click here to access the Google Doc tool
Google Consumer Surveys Website Satisfaction Tool
Facebook Sponsored Posts Walkthrough